- Faculty & Staff
- Contact IDFM
PHI UPSILON OMICRON
BETA ZETA CHAPTER AT TCU
Phi U is a national honor society recognizing and encouraging achieved excellence in scholarship, leadership and service. Phi Upsilon Omicron membership does not end with graduation but represents a lifetime recognition of each member's achievements in family and consumer sciences and related areas.
Invitation to Phi Upsilon Omicron membership is limited to those students of family and consumer sciences and its related areas including Fashion Merchandising, Interior Design, the Nutritional Sciences and Child Development. These students must have completed a minimum of 40 semester hours if an undergraduate; have distinguished themselves scholastically by maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA and being in the top 35 percent of their class; and exhibit the potential for professional and community leadership, demonstrate a spirit of service, and exemplify character through personal integrity and professional attitude. Phi Upsilon Omicron supports your career by providing networking possibilities with established professionals in your field throughout your lifetime.
- Phi Upsilon Omicron builds competence in management and leadership skills by providing opportunities to serve others using professional skills.
- Phi Upsilon Omicron gives scholarships, fellowships and awards at national and local levels.
- Phi Upsilon Omicron furnishes The Candle, a professional journal and up-to-date information on the World Wide Web.
- Phi Upsilon Omicron collegiate chapters focus on annual professional projects, which are eligible for district and national awards.
- Phi Upsilon Omicron is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, which encourages national collegiate honor societies to maintain high standards.
Today, Phi Upsilon Omicron has over 65 collegiate chapters, 40 alumni chapters, and 90,000 members living throughout the United States and around the world carrying out the mission of the honor society. The website for the national organization is: http://www.phiu.org